Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"Crygate"

So again I’m talking about the Heat. About the Heat crying in the locker room. I blame this whole fiasco on Spoelstra, he should not tell the media that. Even if it’s true. He thinks that saying that shows that they care but to some, it shows they cannot take a loss. Bosh would deny being one of the criers, though I seriously doubt he is telling the truth there. Of course the story has now grown more, with Erik Spoelstra pulling a LeBron and denying that they were crying. Nice job coach. You’ve now picked up some skills from Bron.
"I think [the media] can probably take anything I say and turn it into a story," said Spoelstra. "I was shocked when [PR man Tim Donovan] told me about it this morning that it's actually making the news. I think you guys can be a little more creative than that. I will say one thing, the guys care. Nobody was whimpering in the locker room. It's a classic case of sensationalism [by the media]."
He would joke and call it “crygate”. Then he would say that players had their heads down and were making noises. I think that could be called crying. He didn’t have to say crying. Then he didn’t have to lie to back out of it. I wonder if he read what Bosh said, about him not being one of the criers. So there WERE some people crying!!!
LeBron would say that he stands behind his coach later. But does he really? I bet if Spoelstra screws up again, he’ll be gone. But we’ll see.

Melo and Amare Laughing

Other players had some comments for the Heat. Carmelo and Amare were laughing at the Heat and their weepy eyes. And Ron Artest had this to say:
“In my psychology sessions, I sometimes cry with my therapist,” Artest said. “We cry and hug each other, hold each other and talk. I think it’s a good thing to cry and let your emotions out rather than keep it inside. I would have hugged [the Heat players] and got [them] some ice cream.”
Oook then…..
Stan Van Gundy had this to say, which I agree with:
“We all have [seen players cry], but it’s not something I would comment on and tell you who or when or anything else,” said Stan Van Gundy. “But yeah, I think we’ve all had that. Usually playoff-type situations… Probably the only time I’ve seen [crying] are in the games, that sort of end your year in the playoffs. But yeah, I’ve seen it….I don’t care whether a guy cries or not. I don’t see what difference it makes. But I don’t have to fill three hours of a sports talk show. Those guys need something to talk about. Mike and Mike in the morning, I don’t know, how long are they on? Three or four hours? I guess there aren’t enough games to just talk about the games, so you gotta figure out who was crying in the locker room. I’m just glad that’s not my job – trying to figure out who was crying.”
Van Gundy says the Heat are overreacting but so is the media. I guess I agree with the media overblowing it, but it could easily be avoided.
Moving on, other news includes Jared Jeffries being rumored as Knick starting center! I really like Jeffries, but I haven’t seen him play in a few years, which is not a good sign for him. We’ll see how it works out.
Chris Paul
Chris Paul is out with a concussion. I am really glad it is not more because I don’t want to be losing a player Maurice Stokes style. It’s been sad how Paul has decreased his skills since that knee injury. Who knows if he is really the best PG in the league now?
Well, thanks for reading. I’m gonna get hyped up for tonight’s Heat game!
 Pictures from Yahoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment