Monday, March 7, 2011

Why the Heat Can't Beat The Best

I’m not a Heat fan. I said they would not win against good teams before the season. And I was right.
But why is it that the Heat can’t win against the best teams? My opinion is lack of chemistry, lack of coaching and lack of depth.
The depth is the biggest part. You can’t win when your best bench centers are Joel Anthony and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. You just can’t. Point guard is weak also. Bibby, I’m sorry, is just too old. I live in DC, and I was unimpressed by his play there. I know he’s mad or whatever, but that should not be your best bench point guard. Period.
And the Heat are screwed with their depth for the rest of the time the “SuperFriends” are in Miami. They are over the cap till 2016, providing the Big 3 don’t leave by then (they all have and ETO, or Early Termination Option, in 2015, and a player option in 2016) and that severely limits the team’s ability to get a good supporting cast. And with the labor talks, you don’t know if they would even be anywhere CLOSE to the cap. If the Heatles REALLY wanted to sacrifice by signing, they would have signed for 10 million less. Is that REALLY much of a sacrifice? Players make too much dough anyway now. Pat Riley and the Heat will keep a very close eye on the labor debates.
The chemistry issue may or may not affect the Heat. Did you really expect 2 superstars and a prima donna to fit together? No, I didn’t. And look where it has got the Heat. If a fan that hasn’t followed the season looked at the Heat record, they would say “Whoa, the Heat are GOOD!” But most wins come against poor teams. It is deceiving, and the Heat can’t point to that as an accomplishment, as that won’t hold up in the playoffs. They will make it past the first round, but will have trouble to get any farther. And I doubt they will advance any more. LeBron last year took a piece of crap and turned it into a playoff team. Their record as this point was BETTER than the Heat’s right now. Amazing.
I don’t think Spoelstra can handle the egos of LeBron, Bosh, and Wade. He most likely has players turning against him now after he announced some were crying. A coach doesn’t do that. The players won’t like that, Bosh will get a huge amount of questions, and LeBron will make some stupid comment. Look for Riley to come down in a few years…
You may now see I am not a Heat fan. The biggest thing that annoys me is the huge egos of the players. Bosh is very self-centered, he thinks he’s really good when he’s not. There is no reason to CRY after you lose. You just shouldn’t. He’s getting frustrated. He wants to be The Man. But I bet he knows that a team with him as The Man is not a good one. He thinks he can average a double-double. Not happening. You may argue he had one last year, but that was with Andrea Bargnani as the second best boarder at 6.2. LeBron is a much better boarder than Andrea, so it won’t be reached this season.
LeBron is a guy that I see that runs off his mouth too much. He has a feud with Daniel Gibson over the “King of Cleveland”. LeBron, you screwed over Cleveland, and made a huge mistake. If you are going to leave, go to the Bulls. I don’t care that he left, but he was better of in Cleveland. But you left, you abandoned your “King of Cleveland” title. Just shut up and play. Same with the karma crap. “It wasn’t to the Cavs, I didn’t write it.” It was a coincidence the Cavs had lost but 50-something, right? I really don’t care what you think about Cleveland. If you really cared, go back there. I don’t need to hear your outbursts that you will soon take back. Shut up and play.
That’s all I will say for now.
End rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment